CANCELLATION, EXCHANGE, RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
· (a) Before Delivery of Product
A Buyer may cancel their purchases without the Seller’s approval at any time before the Product status on the Website is stated as “Preparing for Shipment”.
· (b) During Preparations for Delivery
Once preparations for delivery of the Product are in progress (where the status on the Website is stated as “Preparing for Shipment”), any cancellation will require the Seller’s approval, subject always to the terms of the Seller Agreement.
· (c) After Delivery of Product
Once a Product has been shipped out, the status for the order on the Website shall be changed to “Shipping in Progress” on the Website. The order can no longer be cancelled at this point, and any cancellation will need to be made via the return process as set out in Part B of this Policy.
Care of Products
Where a Buyer is not within time to effect cancellation of an order for a Product during the periods set out in Article A.1(a) and Article A.1(b), and the Product is subsequently delivered, the Buyer must not use the Product and shall take all such care so as to ensure that no damage occurs to the Product. In the event of any damage caused to the Product, the Buyer will need to bear the costs for any consumption of, wear and tear or damage caused to the Product.
A Seller may cancel an order where there is inadequate stock to fulfil such order, where there will be unreasonable delay in sourcing of the Products or where the Product has been wrongly advertised or priced. In such instance, the Buyer: –
1. (a) will be notified of the cancellation via the Website system; and
2. (b) shall be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price paid and shipping fees.
Sellers are advised to read this Policy together with the Seller Agreement with regard to the grounds when a Seller may reasonably cancel an order.
Repeated cancellations without proper cause/justification, which result in a Seller being unable to comply with the Seller Service Levels, shall entitle the Company to impose such penalties on such Seller as provided for under the Seller Agreement.
The Company shall have the right to cancel any order/transaction where the Company deems it necessary to: –
1. (a) ensure compliance with the law;
2. (b) protect the interests of the Company, Seller, Buyer and/or any relevant third party; and/or
3. such other reason as the Company deems appropriate.
The Company may commence refund procedures without any request made by the Buyer, and both the Buyer and Seller shall be notified of the cancellation in writing.
A Buyer shall be entitled to a refund or exchange of a Product in the following situations:
1. (a) Product is defective
A Product is defective if it: –
1. (i) is unfit for its intended use;
2. (ii) not fit to be consumed;
3. (iii) has a defective design;
4. (iv) has been defectively assembled or manufactured; and/or
5. (v) is dangerous or harmful for normal use.
2. (b) Product does not comply with description/criteria
A refund or exchange is allowed if the delivered Product:
1. (i) is a different or the wrong product;
2. (ii)has different specifications from that advertised or ordered, such as different function, wrong colour or size;
3. (iii) has missing parts; and/or
(iv) has missing promised items (such as free gifts).
A Seller may reject any request for returns or exchanges in any of the following cases:
1. (a) the Product delivered is damaged due to a cause attributable to the Buyer;
2. (b) the value of the Product has been significantly reduced due to the use or partial consumption thereof by the Buyer;
3. (c) the value of the Product has been significantly reduced to the extent that such Product is not in a fit condition to be resold;
4. (d) the packaging of a Product is damaged;
5. (e) where a Buyer complains of compatibility issues for a Product sold by a Global Seller, where such issues have been clearly and adequately listed and described in the Product page by the Global Seller; and/or
(f) there are other reasonable grounds based on which the Buyer may not be entitled to request for refund or exchange, as may be decided by the Company.
Any request by a Buyer for refund or exchange of a Product due to Buyer’s change of mind, which is not due to any other reason (such as Product being defective), shall be subject to the Seller’s approval at all times.
The Seller is entitled to reject any such request by the Buyer in such instance.
No request by a Buyer for refund or exchange of a Product solely due to Buyer’s change of mind, can be entertained for refunds or exchange of Products in the following categories: –
1. (a) Consumer electronic items;
2. (b) Lingerie, underwear or other intimate apparel;
3. (c) Swimsuits;
4. (d) Beauty products and cosmetics;
5. (e) Fragrances;
6. (f) Customised products;
7. (g) Electronic vouchers for goods and services (vouchers downloadable immediately upon payment of purchase price);
8. (h) Compact discs (CD) and Digital Video Discs (DVD);
9. (i) Pharmaceutical products; and
(j) Perishable foods.
Please note the following exceptions: –
1. (a) consumer electronic items may be accepted for return if they are unopened in original packaging (with untampered seal on box); and
(b) electronic vouchers related to travel products and services may be refundable subject to such specific terms and conditions as more particularly described in Article B.I(4) below.
1. 1. Obligation of Sellers relating to E-voucher and Services
A Seller who sells electronic vouchers relating to travel products and services (“e- voucher”) on the Website must ensure the following: –
1. (a) Clear Directions for Redemption. Seller must state clearly on the Product page: –
1. (i) the redemption period of the e-voucher;
2. (ii) the validity period of the e-voucher; and
3. (ii)the method of redemption for the e-voucher, which must, inter alia, specifically state that the Buyer is required to contact the Seller directly to redeem the e-voucher purchased.
2. (b) Minimum 14-Day Redemption Period. All e-voucher must have a minimum redemption period of at least fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase by the Buyer.
3. (c) Minimum 7-Day Validity Period. All e-voucher must have a validity period of at least seven (7) days from the date of purchase by the Buyer.
4. (d) Valid Contact Details. Seller must provide at least two (2) valid contact numbers and one (1) valid email address on the Product page in order for the Buyer to make any reservations or bookings.
5. (e) Prompt Response Time. A Seller shall be responsive to any requests or queries received from Buyers as required under the Seller Agreement. Where a Buyer is unable to contact a Seller and requests assistance from the Company, we will attempt to contact the Seller on the Buyer’s behalf, and if no response is received within three (3) days of our first attempt, the Company shall be entitled to cancel the transaction and full refund will be made to the Buyer.
2. 2. Special Terms for Payment of Settlement Amount
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Settlement Agreement, the transfer of the Settlement Amount to a Seller for the sale of any e-voucher shall be as follows:
1. (a) Standard Payment Processing Period: payment of the Settlement Amount to the Seller shall be affected thirty (30) days from the date of Purchase Confirmation.
2. (b) Expedited Payment Processing Period: in certain circumstances, the Company may designate certain Sellers as trusted Sellers (depending on track record, company size and such other criteria as the Company may decide), and in such instance payment of the Settlement Payment to such Seller shall be effected three (3) days from the date of Purchase Confirmation.
3. 3. Circumstances Entitling Refund
A Buyer may claim for a refund of e-voucher only in the following circumstances:
1. (a) a Buyer is unable to redeem the e-voucher due to there being no availability or all dates/times are fully booked;
2. (b) a Buyer is unable to secure a confirmed date from the Seller for redemption of the e-voucher;
3. (c) the Seller is uncontactable;
4. (d) material information in the Product page for the e-voucher is misleading and/or inaccurate; or
5. (e) any of the terms and conditions of the e-voucher are inherently unfair (as determined by the Company);
4. PROVIDED that: –
1. (i) the request for refund is submitted within sixty (60) days from the date of purchase; and
2. (ii) the refund is not due to: –
1. (aa) Buyer failing to use the e-voucher within the validity period through no fault of the Seller; or
2. (bb) Buyer purchasing the wrong e-voucher.
5. 4. Refund Amount (p) Subject always to Article B.I(4)(b) above, the refund amount due to the Buyer shall be dependent on when the request for refund is submitted.
1. (a) Refund Within 60-Day Period
Where the Buyer’s request for refund is submitted during the period:
1. (i) within fourteen (14) days to thirty (30) days from the date of Purchase Confirmation – Buyer shall be entitled to a refund of eighty percent (80%) of the purchase (“Purchase Price”);
2. (ii) within thirty-one (31) days to sixty (60) days from the date of Purchase Confirmation – Buyer shall be entitled to fifty percent (50%) of the Purchase Price.
2. (b) Refund After 60-Day Period
The Seller is entitled to reject any request for refund made by a Buyer more than sixty (60) days after the date of Purchase Confirmation. Where a Seller chooses to proceed with a refund, such shall be upon such terms and conditions as the Seller may determine.
Unless otherwise specifically provided under this Policy or the Seller Agreement, the process for refund or exchange of Products shall be as follows:
1. (a) the Buyer submits request for refund or exchange of Product (“Request”) through the Website or the Customer Service Centre;
2. (b) the Seller will receive notification of such Request;
3. (c) the Seller must either approve or reject the Request within three (3) Business Days from date of notification;
4. (d) the Buyer returns the Product to the Seller;
5. (e) the Seller shall assess and review the Product returned;
6. (f) based on the condition of the Product returned, the Seller shall either approve or reject the refund or exchange of the Product; and
(g) where refund or exchange is approved, the Seller must deliver the new Product or refund the purchase price to the Buyer.
1. (a) A Request shall, at the first instance, be made directly to the Seller via the automated Request button on the Website.
2. (b) The Buyer shall be required to submit all evidence to support the Request through the Buyer’s dashboard on the Website. The evidence shall include such information as order number, invoice number, date of purchase and payment, justification for return/exchange and such other information that will be necessary for the processing of such request.
(c) The processing of the Request may be delayed in the event the Buyer does not wish to provide any evidence, or where the Buyer provides insufficient evidence to support the Request.
The Seller and/or the Company shall have no legal obligation to entertain any Request if the Buyer is unable or refuses to provide evidence to support the Request.
A Buyer must submit the Request within the time limits set out below: –
For the purpose of this Article B.II.3 and this Policy: –
1. (a) “Shipping Complete Date” shall refer to the date the Product is delivered to, and received by the Buyer
2. (b) “Payment Complete Date” shall refer to the date payment was made for the Product;
3. (c) “Purchase Confirmation Date” shall refer to the date of completion of the sale and purchase transaction of a Product as recorded and stated on the Website.
The Seller and/or the Company shall have no legal obligation to entertain any Request where the Request is submitted beyond the time periods stated in Article B.II.3.
1. (a) Upon receipt and notification of the Request, the Seller shall, within three (3) Business Days from the date of receipt of same either:
1. (i) accept the Request; or
2. (ii) reject the Request;
2. (b) Where the Seller rejects the Request, the Seller must provide the Company with all required documents or evidence supporting such rejection.
(c) Any rejection by the Seller shall nonetheless be subject to the Seller Agreement, and the Company may override the Seller’s decision if it deems that the Seller’s rejection is unreasonable.
1. (a) Upon confirmation of acceptance of request for refund or exchange pursuant to Article B.II.4 above, parties shall, within three (3) Business Days, arrange for the return of the Product as follows: –
1. (i) Change of Mind by Buyer
Buyer must deliver the Product to the Seller, unless the Seller waives the requirement for the Buyer to return the Product to claim for a refund. All costs for such return delivery of the Product to the Seller, shall be borne by the Buyer unless Seller agrees to bear the same.
2. (ii) Product Defective or Not Compliant with Specifications
Seller shall arrange for pick-up of the Product from the Buyer at Seller’s own cost and expense (unless Seller waives the requirement for the Product to be returned for the Buyer to claim for refund or exchange).
2. (b) Unsuccessful Return to Seller
If a delivery of the returned Product to the Seller is not successful due to reasons that include but is not limited to incomplete/incorrect address or loss of contact with the Seller, the Company may:
1. (i) upon request by the Buyer, pick up the returned Product from the Buyer within five (5) Business Days of the Buyer’s requests; or
2. (ii) request the Buyer to send the returned Product to the Company’s warehouse.
Where the Seller remains uncontactable within Fourteen (14) Business Days of the Product pick-up or return to the warehouse, the Company shall be entitled to permanently dispose of the Product with all costs for pick-up and disposal to be borne by the Seller.
3. (c) Loss or Damage During Return Delivery to Seller
1. (i) Where the Seller engages a courier service company to pick up a Product from a Buyer for return pursuant to Article B.II.5(a)(ii) above, and such Product is lost or damaged during return delivery, the Seller shall be responsible to bear the costs for such lost or damaged Product notwithstanding that such loss or damage was caused by the courier service company.
2. (ii) Any compensation to be recovered from the courier service company thereafter will need to be personally initiated by the Seller, and not the Buyer.
(iii) For the avoidance of doubt, the Company reserves the right to utilise all or any part of the Settlement Amount to resolve any claims the Buyer may make in respect of the lost or damaged Product.
The Seller and/or the Company shall have no legal obligation to entertain any Request where the Buyer fails to return the Product.
Where attempts to reach the Buyer regarding the return of the Product remain unsuccessful more than fourteen (14) days from the date on which the Buyer submitted the Request, the Buyer shall be deemed to have withdrawn its request and the Company may take all such necessary action, including releasing any deferred Settlement Amount to the Seller.
1. (a) Seller Review and Assessment
Upon receipt of the returned Product from the Buyer, the Seller shall review and check the same to assess whether it is in an acceptable and saleable condition for refund or exchange. The Seller is entitled to reject the refund or exchange of a Product that:
1. (i) has been consumed or is showing excessive wear and tear for the period of use;
2. (ii) has been used in a manner not fit for its purpose;
3. (iii)has torn or dirty packaging; and/or
4. (iv) is no longer in working condition.
2. (b) Delay of Decision by Seller
The Seller may delay the decision on the return or exchange of a Product in the event that:
1. (i) the delivery fee for returning the Product is still owing by the Buyer (where Buyer is liable for such fee) to the Company and/or third party (as the case may be); and/or
2. (ii) any free gift included with the Product has still not been returned by the Buyer;
provided always that the Seller shall update the Buyer or the Customer Service Centre (as the case may be) on the delay and to provide a timeline within which the Seller’s decision on the request by the Buyer for the said return or exchange of the Product will be submitted. The Company reserves the right to take any such action necessary to address and resolve the Buyer’s claim if the timeline stated by the Seller is, in the Company’s view, unreasonable.
1. (a) Once the assessment and review of the Product is completed pursuant to Article B.II.7, the Seller shall provide a final decision to either approve or reject the requested exchange or refund of the Product no later than three (3) Business Days from the receipt of the returned Product from the Buyer pursuant to Article B.II.5 above or by any revised timeline pursuant to Article B.II.6(b).
2. (b) In the case of: –
1. (i) approved exchange of the Product, the Seller shall deliver the new Product to the Buyer promptly;
(ii) approved refund of the Product, the Seller shall refund the purchase price to the Buyer, which shall be carried out by the Company deducting the purchase price from the Seller’s deferred Settlement Amount or such other method as the Company deems fit.
In the event that:
1. (a) the Seller does not respond to the Buyer’s request for a refund or exchange of Product (prior to return of Product to the Seller) within the period set out in Article B.II.4 above; or
2. (b) where the Seller does not provide any decision on the refund or exchange of a Product within the period set out in Article B.II.7 above;
it shall be deemed that the request by the Buyer has been accepted and the Company will immediately proceed with the refund or exchange process.
The costs for the return of Products shall be borne as follows:
1. (a) No Defect/No Fault of Seller or Change of Mind
Where a Product is returned due to no fault of the Product and/or the Seller or the Buyer’s change of mind, the Buyer shall bear the costs for such return.
2. (b) Defective/Non-Compliant Product
Where a Product is returned due to:
1. (i) the Product being defective; and/or
2. (ii) the Product not complying with description or criteria on the Product page, the Seller shall bear the costs for such return.
3. (c) Delay in Delivery
Where the Product is returned due to an unreasonable delay in delivery of the Product over and above the Seller Service Level then prevailing, or where there was a late or wrong delivery made by the courier service company engaged by the Seller, the Seller shall bear the costs for such return.
The payment of refunds (“Refund Amount”) under this Policy shall be affected as follows: –
The methods of refund stated in this Article B.II.10 shall be subject to such further rules and processes as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
1. 1. Circumstances Where Partial Refund May be Allowed
1. (a) a Buyer purchases several Products in one order, but the Seller has failed to deliver the Products in full resulting in one or more Products not being included in the delivery; or
2. (b) a Seller delivers a Product to a Buyer with missing items or parts; or
3. (c) a Seller delivers a Product to a Buyer with a missing free gift despite advertising the same on the Product page, the Buyer may opt for a partial refund in respect of such non-delivered Products or missing items.
2. Refund in respect of the non-delivered Products or missing items as well as the return shipping fee in respect of the same (if applicable) shall be deducted from the Settlement Amount.
In the event there are any major faults or defects or any safety concerns relating to the Product which the Company deems to be sufficiently serious, the Company acting reasonably may require:
1. (a) that the Seller recall the entire stock of Products sold to date; and
(b) rectify the faults or defects by way of repair, exchange of Products or refund of monies paid and all costs for the recall, repair, exchange and refund which shall be borne by the Seller.
In the event a request for an exchange is made and the Seller does not have the relevant Product in stock, the exchange shall be handled as a request for return of the Product as a refund.